Youth Mental Health Awareness
Why Youth Mental Health Awareness?
If you are working with or coming into contact with young people on a regular basis it is highly likely you will also come into contact with many of the common mental health issues they are experiencing.
To have a basic understand of these common mental health issues such as anxiety, low mood or self harm and being aware of the sign and symptoms will help you approach the problem more confidently and provide some support and help before sign posting the young person to the professional help they need.
Aim of this workshop:
- To enable participants to a develop a greater awareness and understanding of mental health and young people
- To recognise a young person who may be experiencing mental distress
- To develop ideas to raise awareness and understanding of mental health with young people
- To develop ideas for techniques to engage and support young people
- What is Mental Health
- Young people and mental health
- Recognising a young person in mental distress
- Some common mental health problems in young people and how to recognise them
- Providing support
- Resources and support
Length of course
½ day course
What is included?
We provide a fully qualified, experience trainer, all the course materials and certificates for participants at the end of the session.
To book a course or find out more information call Rebecca on
T: 01495 768831 or